Kana’s Strategic Advantages There are many other larger hotel development and management companies out there. So why do investors choose to invest with Kana?
- Attention to detail from top executive team – when the company’s top executives spend several hours with the housekeeping department checking rooms and helping the breakfast team bus tables, for example, our team members are truly held accountable and appreciate the importance of their jobs; our driving philosophy is that our leaders work for their team members, not the other way around.
- Right size – we’re large enough to take advantage of things such as line item cost comparisons between multiple properties with similar attributes and purchasing programs that only larger management companies can participate in; however, we’re not so large that we can’t remain intimately involved with each of our assets and be ready to respond to the needs of our owners and lenders as questions arise. We will only grow to the extent that we can remain a nimble, bureaucratic free organization.
- Focused portfolio – our portfolio of hotels consists of exclusively Hilton, Marriott, and IHG brands; by managing a limited number of brands, we fully maximize the resources available and understand each brand in depth. Larger companies that manage across whatever brands will come their way can’t possibly deliver the personalized expertise and focused brand relationships that we deliver. Our Awards and accomplishments with these brands speak for themselves.
- Vertical integration – some companies specialize in only 3rd party management while others are strong at development while others are strong at investments; we are developers, owners and operators and therefore take an entrepreneurial and long-term view when any decision is made that will affect your operating results and therefore your asset value.
- Our people – The vast majority of our team leaders were promoted from line level positions and have a hospitality passion that can’t be taught. With our systems, we can easily assist our team leaders in delivering on the technical aspects of the business; however, having them demonstrate and approach each of our operations with the passion and desire to deliver true hospitality is something that can’t be taught. We only promote and hire leaders that have this key ingredient already in them.
- We have a relentless passion to maximize the satisfaction of our four stakeholders – Guests, Team Members, Investors, and our Community; success is simply a result of the extent of how well we innovate and execute the satisfaction of these four groups.